My very good friend Megan passed this particular gem of a lifesaver on to me. You can tell that she's a good friend because I discussed my inability to poop with her. Of course, I'm now discussing this with the whole world. But only in the interest of helping.
I've been trying to eat Activia on some advice that I read. But, wow. Does that stuff suck. If you like fruity yogurt, you're golden. Go get some Activia. To me, it's far too sweet and doesn't really taste like the fruit it claims to contain. I would rather eat plain yogurt with real fruit. And there is a plain Activia, it just doesn't actually seem to be sold anywhere. So I was choking down an Activia a day in the interest of digestive health.
One day I was whining about this to Megan and she let me in on her secret: probiotics. Yes, just like the probiotics in Activia, only in pill form. Magical. I headed to the Whole Foods (I don't know if it's a midwest thing or a Chicago area thing, but 'round here you have to add "the" before a grocery store name) and got myself some 365 probiotic complex. I take one every night with the ol' prenatals and reserve the right to take another in the morning if things get bad.
And by bad, I mean ... well, you know what I mean.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment