
The pattern is from Knit Baby Blankets. This is one of my very favorite baby blankets to knit and give. It's a beautiful pattern and relaxing to knit. Enough going on to keep me interested, enough repetition that I can zone out in front of a movie and work on it.
Unlike this one. My white whale. The kaleidoscope throw:

Once upon a time, I made this garter stitch blanket from Debbie Bliss. I hated it. It turned out well, but knitting all of those little squares, then sewing them together was hella boring. So what did I do? I decided to do the same thing, only bigger and with added color work!
OMG! AM STUPID!
So, I started this in the winter of 2007, pretty much gave it up that fall, and just picked it up again this week. It calls for 49 squares total (7 in each of 7 color patterns). I have 17 done. Sigh. And the sad thing is, the knitting is the easy part. It's the sewing together that I really hate, and the border. I've never done a border like that ... I don't know how and am scared. I'm afraid that after the years of work, I'll try to put the border on and it will look like hell.
I'm going to continue to work on this (the little squares are easy to carry around and work on, so there's that), but I'm also going to get some new yarn today so I can start on an aran blanket for my kid. I know I'll be able to finish that sometime this year!
(P.S. Friend me on ravelry! I'm ashletta.)
(P.P.S. Megan, can you send me a picture of the blanket I made for Rory? I don't have one.)
2 comments:
The blue blanket looks great! Though I totally agree with you, you're CRAZY... all those ends? Ack! Maybe you could sew it too a fleece backing instead and just leave them dangling.
I know. There are only 3 people who have done this pattern on ravelry (red flag! red flag!) and two of them have done it as one piece. That would be complicated, with all sorts of bobbins in play, but I'm so wishing I would have done that.
Post a Comment