Saturday, February 14, 2009

Froggin'

I've decided to rip out what I've done on the Kaleidoscope Throw. I know myself and I know that I'm never going to finish this blanket as is. Here's why:

1. I really, really hate seaming.

2. When I knit in stockinette, it rolls and I've never successfully blocked a piece so that it stops rolling. Right now I have 17ish colorful tubes. If I tried to seam those together, they're not going to lie flat.

3. I'm afraid of putting the edging on after the fact. If I knit it as one piece, I can do the edging row by row.

4. The other two people on ravelry who've even attempted this beast were smart enough to do it this way. And so am I.

I spent the morning thinking about the 7 colorways and trying to figure out a layout where no colorway touched a square done in the same colorway. Yowza. Too much thinking. But I did it. I posted a screenshot of the layout (which I did in excel like the dork I am) on my project page on ravelry.

I'm not starting it now, though. I have a the Aran throw on the needles now and yarn on order for another project. (Corn! OMFG, that yarn is entirely made of CORN!!) Both of those are fairly easy and I've been in the knitting mood lately, so I'm hoping to finish them fairly quickly.

Progress on the Aran blanket:



Not bad for a week, huh?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Aran blanket looks good.