... I've got (sing it with feeling) ih-ih-tchy eyes.
Yeah! Pinkeye! Confirmed by an actual em-dee and soon to be treated with an antibiotic! Stupid Walgreens was out of it. My papa's pharmacy would NEVER be out of the antibiotic eye drops I need. Actually, I love Walgreens, especially online refills. So I will forgive them this misstep and suffer another 24 hours of discomfort.
But who knew? Well, my doctor did. She was all, "Hmm. I can't imagine how you caught it. What's that? You work in a high school? Ohhh!" This was my first time at a new doctor and she was pretty great, although she didn't really laugh when I said I'd be in next week with chicken pox. She was inches away from sticking a needle in me and made me pinky swear that I've had it before. Besides, like Megan said, it's probably more likely I'll get a venereal disease from them.
I'm bummed that, despite a year of Netflix (inspired by last year's Academy Awards), I still have not seen even one of the films nominated for best picture. What is the matter with me?
So, I've never done a meme, and have often thought they looked like more of a challenge then they're worth. 100 facts about me? Are you kidding? Even I would be bored with myself by number 5. However, dooce posted one that looked easy, yet potentially interesting to my vast readership. Since what is good for the dooce is good for the ... me, I give you, The Meme.
Wait. First, I want to add my own category.
Meme? What the ... ?
1. A compound word: me + me?
2. French for 'same' because everyone posts the same?
Okay, now the real part.
Five jobs I’ve had
1. Payroll accountant at the world headquarters of a chain of pasta restaurants.
2. Market researcher, a job that allowed me to discuss the finer points of automotive paint with gentlemen all over the country. A job that netted me no fewer than two marriage proposals.
3. Assistant editor for a labor economics think tank.
4. Summer camp counselor
5. Temporary Gopher Bitch for a wedding/event planning trade show. The caterers' booths rocked, but the company that put on the trade show was run by a spandex-wearing unstable tyrant.
Five movies I can watch over and over
I have movie conjoined twins. Movies that came out around the same time and/or have the same leads. I can't separate them in my head but I can watch them over and over, separately or together.
1. Hope Floats/Forces of Nature.
2. Sweet Home Alabama/Legally Blond
3. Pearl Harbor/Armageddon
4. She's All That/10 Things I Hate About You
5. Center Stage/Bring It On
Five places I have lived
1. An apartment in Portland's (south)West Hills with views of Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens.
2. The dorm where Madonna lived when she was at U of M.
3. Kalamazoo, Michigan. Twice.
4. The seat of the Ku Klux Klan in Indiana.
5. Lonsdale College, University of Lancaster, Lancaster, Lancashire, England
Five TV shows I love
1. “Martha”
2. “Lost”
3. “Daily Show/Colbert Report”
4. “Grey's Anatomy”
5. "Boston Legal"
Sadly, the last two are on past my bedtime, so I rarely see them.
Five places I’ve vacationed
1. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
2. Isle of Man, UK
3. Newport, Rhode Island
4. Chicago, Illinois
5. Deep Creek, Maryland
Five of my favorite dishes
1. D's pork chops with cranberry-port reduction
2. Wendy's butternut squash gnocchi
3. Any Indian dish with a cream-and-nut (no jokes, please) sauce (e.g., korma, rogan josh)
4. That prosciutto-parmesan-pea-penne dish from Cosmo's Cucina
5. D's salmon with cranberry-mustard sauce
Five sites I visit daily
1. Pink is the New Blog
2. Go Fug Yourself
3. My Personalized Google Homepage
4. Yahoo Mail
5. Natalie Dee
Five places I would rather be right now
1. Asleep
2. At the Beach
3. March
4. Montmartre
5. Out of Debt
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I take my tagging seriously. :) I applied to U of M but was rejected. Instead I visited my friends there in the fall during the Coop Conference. Also, you should look into getting a DVR - that way you can watch your favorites anytime you want... even months later! And I figured if we both tagged Erin... wait, nevermind, I bet she still won't... :)
Post a Comment