Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Apparently, I Should Read This Blog

On Monday, I had kind of a scary thing happen. I had been having Braxton-Hicks contractions on and off all afternoon. As I headed down to walk the kids out to the buses, it was definitely an on time. I didn't have time to sit and let it pass (school buses wait for no man, yo). By the time I'd walked two of the groups out, I wasn't feeling well at all: dizzy, lightheaded, my legs were wobbly, I was seeing spots ... I made it to the closest chair and after a few minutes it passed.

At first, I couldn't remember this ever happening when I was pregnant with LD. Then I remembered the ultrasounds. After 20 weeks, I couldn't lay on my back without all of the above happening, so I would have to lay on my left side during ultrasounds, and couldn't look at the baby on the screen.

Much later, I remembered that the same thing once happened at a department store and that I'd contemplated just laying down in the middle of a department until I felt better.

I called the doctor and, though they want me to come in tomorrow to check my blood sugar and blood pressure, they think that this kid just gets into a bad position that restricts my blood flow (like it has a foot stuck on a major vein or artery).

Anyway, the reason that I should read my own stuff more often is that one of the answers seems to be trussing. And, oh! Look! I also discovered how much it helped in week 25 last time!

Jesus.

I have a new, even more attractive version this time, but the effect is the same. I felt so much better yesterday at work while wearing it. When I took it off at home, I instantly started to feel some of what I'd felt on Monday.

The learning curve, it is steep. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

No comments: