Wow, what a year, huh?
So, my always-lame posting really took a nosedive this year, which was stupid because I really would have like to have it documented. (And it was, to some extent.)
I had a kid, named him Liam, he's the greatest thing ever. Example: yesterday he grabbed a bottle from the case of beer, turned and looked at me, and signed milk.
Indeed.
I'm experiencing Christmas-letter writer's block. How do you talk about an entire year? Don't worry, I'm not going to try. I do need to loosen up the tongue though, and the best way to do that is always a cocktail. It's maybe a little too early in the day to have an actual cocktail, so I'll just think about one.
On her blog, my friend Rebecca (who is also a fantastic web/graphic designer) posted about making homemade maraschino cherries. I'm a girl who loves her cocktails, particularly a 7&7 with a couple of shiny, red cherries. After reading Rebecca's post and the NPR article that was the inspiration, I sent D on a mission to get the Luxardo and cherries. The process is basically: 1) put cherries in jar, 2) fill with Luxardo, 3) wait two weeks.
The way-ay-ay-ting is the hardest part.
2 comments:
Quite the update
;)
I know, right? Totally worth waiting for.
Post a Comment