Friday, June 05, 2009

"Nesting" Redefined

I was talking with a friend the other day about whether getting the nursery ready was "nesting" or just "preparation." He said the latter and I have to agree with him. There is a person coming to live with us. Of course I'm going to set up a bed and wash the sheets. This is not nesting. I do the same thing before weekend guests. And of course, I'm going to put all of the baby stuff where it goes. Doesn't everyone put things away where they go, especially when they're all new and shiny?

More on nursery progress here.

What is nesting:
  • cleaning the kitchen cabinets with a toothbrush and a toothpick
  • wondering if D can put another coat of paint the upstairs bathroom "before the baby comes" (keep in mind, we painted this room, oh, 18 months ago. But suddenly, I realized that I should have put another coat on and it needed to be done now. I, wisely, decided not to ask Damian)
  • cleaning the inside of the refrigerator
  • reorganizing the bathroom, including throwing away make-up I've had since college and some leftover just-in-case darvoset. (I kept the vicodin though ... )

No comments: