Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some Thoughts (mostly) on Maternity Clothes

1. Maternity clothes make you look moree pregnant. I know this seems obvious, but it wasn't to me. I was wearing a normal sweater and maternity pants (and no, you couldn't see the stretchy band) and suddenly people noticed that I have a belly. When I went back to my normal clothes, no one could tell.
 
2. A message for the makers of maternity clothes: pregnant /= fat. I don't suddenly have neck rolls that require only boat and scoop neck tops. It's fucking cold in Illinois in January and I would love to be able to wear a crew neck or turtleneck top (particularly so I can layer some long underwear under there), but my maternity wardrobe does not support that. Boo.
 
3. I got an email today with the subject line: My Crotch Area is Suddenly Too Tight. Is this supposed to be sexy? Because it sounds like something you might want to get an ointment for.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

When did this happen?!? Congrats!!!

Ashley said...

Thanks! Yeah, we've kind of been keeping it quiet, but I'm almost 4 months now ... Due July 8! I can't believe it.