I thought that when you got pregnant, you automatically started peeing more. I never thought about why or how, just figured it was hormones, or the body doing things differently, or whatever.
Anyway, that didn't happen to me. All through the first trimester I was wondering about the peeing thing, because I just didn't have to pee any more than usual. Until now.
But the thing is, I don't have to pee more ... I just FEEL like I have to pee all the freaking time, but when I finally get to a toilet for some sweet, sweet relief ... nothing. I'll have to pee so badly that it hurts, only to squeeze out a few meager drops. Maybe a trickle.
This became a problem this weekend when I went back to Niles for the Hunter Ice Festival. Which was awesome. We got to see really talented ice carvers making amazing sculptures. It was really beautiful and fun. But the only facilities were a single port-a-potty, half buried in a snow drift. I can't really tell you how unawesome it was to bare my ass in 17 degree weather, only to discover that I really didn't have to pee after all, that it was just a 16-week-old fetus reclining on my bladder.
I guess the only thing less awesome than that is doing it more than once.
I can't believe I just wrote an entire post about urine.
P.S. watch this space for some awesome ice festival photos
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Well, at least it's this problem now and not the one you had before (trying to get pregnant).
Congrats again!
Post a Comment