A hat!
This was my first attempt at cabling. It turns out that cables are SUPER EASY!! Who knew? The pattern is here and I used Brown's Lamb's Pride Superwash in Onyx.(There are lots of hat patterns on that site, both knit and crochet. Hell, even sewn!)
(Also! Look at how dusty my table is!)
Another hat!

I made this with ... I think it's Patton's washable wool. Not sure. Anyway, It's an awesome pattern that I got from Kate Gilbert. I talk like Kate and I are friends. We are not. I do not know Kate. This was a cash transaction. BUT! Behold the awesomeness of the pattern:

Yet another hat!
I knit this in Lion Brand Landscapes Country Sunset as a thank you gift for my secret santa at work who got me the page-a-day stitch and bitch calendar. This was the pattern on January 12. The pattern calls for a yo/k2tog every few rows, then lacing the resulting holes with contrasting yarn to make a heart shape. I'm not really a heart-shape sort of gal (and neither is the woman I knit this for) so I didn't want to do that and wasn't sure how the heart pattern would look without the yarn. So I made up a diamond pattern instead that repeats 4 times around the bottom of the hat. Like yea:
And, finally, not a hat!

I am so in love with this scarf. I used two yarns that I would love to eat because they are so, so fantastic. The first is Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Jelly. Ohhhh. I cannot resist this yarn. I must buy it whenever I see it. It's sooo soft and comes in such beautiful colors. I just finished a ribbed scarf in a variegated raspberry color (Kidsilk Spray). I have two more skeins of Jelly (the bright yellow-green featured in the main picture on the Kidsilk Haze page) just in case. And I have a burgundy, an orange, and a white with metallic silver (Kidsilk Night) in my stash. I don't know what I'm going to do with it all, but I love it.
The second yarn is Manos del Uruguay variegated wool in Bramble. I would like to knit my life in this yarn. It is so beautiful and soft and the colors are gorgeous.
Let's see. What else?
I also made a scarf out of the aqua loopy mohair (of the angsty post of yore -- sorry, no pics. It's a pretty boring scarf and you've already seen the yarn) and am working on an aran baby blanket (one of two for a friend pregnant with twins). I've only just started though, so I'm not going to bother posting a picture of 6 rows of seed stitch. Yawn. I'll post a picture when it gets interesting.
1 comment:
Awesome progress! I love the hats... and the colourful yarns! Beauty.
Post a Comment