A sampling of the awesomeness to which I am married.
*He fixed our kitchen sink last night. Using a shop vac and his bare hands he pulled out the dried paint and chicken bones that were colluding to clog our sink and destroy our garbage disposal.
*He can still surprise me. We've been together a loooong time, and have known each other even longer. I know him pretty well. But still, every now and then, I'll say or do something thinking I know the reaction I'll get and he won't play. It keeps me on my toes and keeps us from falling into bad patterns.
*D always takes care of my car shit, just because I don't want to.
*He feeds me well. Last week alone, D made homemade lobster ravioli (as in, he boiled lobster tails and made little raviolis from them, THAT homemade) and pork chops with a cranberry-port reduction. That was just one week!
*He got me an iBook for my birthday because he belives in me in a way that I don't believe in myself.
*D saved a cat from almost certain death. Salem was a barn cat at D's dad's farm. When D got him he was nearly starved, had worms and mites and shit, and had a cold. Oh. And feline leukemia. Given that this nearly dead kitten was immunocompromised, it took him forever to shake that cold. So D had to give him medicine and nurse him back to health. And he's still around today, almost seven years later (only 15% of cats with feline leukemia make it four years). Sure, some might say that subsequently naming him after the cat on 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' could be considered cruel, but those people don't write this blog. I blame that on peer pressure and cheap beer.
*He totally puts up with all of my bullshit. And I can toss out a lot of bullshit.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the link!
Post a Comment