As I mentioned below, I am starting a new job next week! A job that will not involve a four hour daily commute! I could not be more excited.
However, knowing that I'm so close to the end is making it that much harder to drag my ass around the beltway to work this week. And all of the goodwill of the holidays has vanished so driving assholery is at record levels.
Meanwhile, when I get to work, there is nothing to do. Our having work is dependent upon another contractor getting the work to NLM and another department of NIH getting that work loaded into the system for us to review. In the past two weeks, everyone has been off for the holidays, so no work has been coming in. For three days last week and one this week, nothing. Then this morning, we get three weeks worth of work dropped on us. (The students review everything before I do, so I'm still workless.) Fortunately, I'll be out of here before much of that trickles to me. Sweet!
But also not so sweet since I can only play so much Bejeweled and Inspector Parker.
Oh, and as a special treat for Gabe, who hinted (okay, flat-out said) that I only post miserable stuff on here, I would like to say that 1) Styx reference in post title = bliss and 2) I am so, so, SO happy about the new job!
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment