Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stripey

A little update:



The striped blanket is coming along. I'm more than halfway. I think I have eleven colors total, but for some reason can't think of what's left now. I know there's a lighter pink, a brighter orange, an icy blue, and one stripe in the green I'm using for a border. Oh. Duh. Four plus seven equals eleven. I was thinking I should have five left. Sigh.

I love this blanket. I love the colors, I love the way it's coming together, and the yarn is so soft. It tangles like crazy, though. It's a bitch to wind into a center pull and even when that's done, it has a tendency to knot. I'm keeping the colors I'm working in zipper bags to keep them away from each other. Yet I still spent four hours untangling/rewinding the orange I'm using now on Thursday night. Yowza.

I was thinking that when I'm finished with the blanket, I might make some booties or a hat with the leftover yarn, but I had a total flash of inspiration: BABYLEGS!! I think I'm going to have to wing it on the pattern. These look too short, and the pattern says to make them 7 inches. SEVEN. Short, right? So, I'm having Megan measure her daughter's babylegs for me, so I can try to duplicate. But that pattern gives me somewhere to start.

1 comment:

Gabe, Megan, Oscar and Rory said...

It's lovely, and perfect for a July baby. :) Though omg, between this and the nursery pics on the other blog, I want to go take a nap on your behalf.