Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Crazy-Ass Dream

Last night I had a dream that I went to work with no pants on. That is not the crazy part. So there I am sitting at my desk (in a school! with impressionable youth nearby!) and I don't seem all that alarmed that I am bare naked from the waist down. (In case you're curious, I was wearing a brown ribbed turtleneck.) Then it occurred to me that I should be concerned about the bare nakedness, so I started looking for some pants.

Then my college roommate showed up and lent me a burka.

Then I went into my parents' basement to check out the outfit in the full length mirror there. It turns out that this was the day of my 10-year high school reunion and I would have to wear the burka. It was not a flattering look on me. At all.

Fortunately, Faith Hill was using my parents' basement as a dressing room before her Soul2Soul II concert with superstar husband, Tim McGraw.*

Faith offered to buy me a couture gown for the reunion. And loaned me two personal shoppers/stylists to help me.

I so did not want to wake up.

*No, I'm not a fan. I actually don't know much about her music (and nothing about his) beyond that damn "This Kiss" song, which has been in my head all day. No need to thank me for putting it in yours. However, if Faith Hill, or any other celebrity, wants to outfit me in couture, I will BECOME a fan.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Definitely weird... but great that you remembered in such detail that you could tell us! :) My only question is - was your turtleneck sweater a handknit? :)