Tuesday, April 12, 2005

This One's for Erin

I have one loyal reader. (Hi, Erin!) And that's all I need.

However, I have not been writing enough to satisfy her need for the less-than-sordid details of my life.

So, this one's for you, babe.

Top Stories In My World Today:

1. D and I are going to Newport for the 4th of July weekend. Beach + seafood + escape from DC tourist hell + reasonable summer temperatures = BLISS!! (Even if I am only escaping DC tourists to toss myself into the fray of Newport tourists.)

2. We are having a hot new fence put up today. And by 'hot' I mean 'not falling down.' Something that couldn't be said of its fence predecessor. It was very exciting to see that the old fence was gone last night. The excitement was lessened by how much garbage our neighbors have in their yards. Who are these people? Why do they leave shit strewn all over the back 40?

3. In a related story (related to the Backyard Revitilization Project, not the neighbors' shit), I am recovering from a sunburn that I got while we were working on the patio. We figured out the layout and placement, dug it out, had a ton (literally) of sand delivered then moved that from the front to the back yard. We couldn't get the patio bricks until next weekend though, so Project Patio is on hiatus for a while.

4. And finally, in nine, yes, nine days, we will have a dog. It makes me cry to think about it. In fact, that's how I know I'm not ready for kids. When I think about the dog, my stomach hurts with longing, and I get all misty. When I think about having kids, nausea ensues.


To recap:

Fireworks on the beach
Old fence, falling down. New fence, hot.
Wear sunscreen when digging
Dogs good, babies bad (for now)

No comments: