Saturday, May 09, 2009

Knittin'

The corntastic blanket is finito!





I love it. (Also note my kid's fancy new IKEA crib mattress.)

I have a ton of leftover yarn from each of those stripes (and an entire skein of the green because I got all panicky and twitchy that I wouldn't have enough to finish the border). I haven't started the corny babylegs yet, but check this out:



I used the little bits of baby cashmerino I had left from a Debbie Bliss Garter Stitch Blanket I made for Oscar a few years ago. (Please note, that is NOT the one I made. That one is way prettier. Sorry, O.) Megan measured Rory's babylegs and said they were 3"x10.5-11.5" Mine ended up being a little wider (closer to 3.5") and just about 11" long.

Rough Pattern:

CO 46 st onto sz 3 dpns.
kp rib for 1/2"
switch to sz 4 dpns and k to length desired
switch back to sz 3 and kp rib for 1/2"
BO

For my next trick, I'm going to try 36 stitches on size 4 and 5 needles to see if that gets me closer to the width I want. Also! Maybe cables!

I love doing these. Small projects are such instant gratification. I'm going through my stash looking for yarn to use for more of these.

No comments: