Friday, June 27, 2008

My Finest Moment. Today.

I love my husband. I do.

Usually.

Today, when I got home, I started getting ready to paint the weeping walls of our downstairs bathroom. I was standing in the utility room, shaking the paint can, when I noticed that it smelled worse than usual in there (important background info: the utility room is where cat hangs out during the day and where his litter box hangs out all the time). A little investigation told me that cat had decided the pile of towels waiting to go in the washing machine made for a better litter box than, you know, his actual litter box.

Further investigation revealed that D has been less-than-diligent in cleaning the box. So I took the high road. I delayed my painting to get the towels soaking in oxyclean and scrub the carpet.

Unfortunately, there was a detour on the high road. Before I cleaned anything, I called and left an angry and naggy and bossy voicemail on his blackberry. I might have threatened to leave him and take my non-neglected pet.

No comments: