Yeah, yeah. Believe it or not, despite all of my whining, there are a few things that I really love about living in Maryland.
Right at the top of that (admittedly short) list, in big, bold, shiny letters is SPRING!!!
In my previous lives, spring was a muddy blip, between winter and summer. There wasn't much to distinguish it except there wasn't snow on the ground anymore. Here, spring is 3 months of weather in the 60s-70s, and everything blooms: cherry trees, weeping cherry trees, white dogwoods, pink dogwoods ... I love Maryland spring.
And, despite the fact that we had a two-hour delay because of snow on Thursday, spring is totally here.
Yesterday was beeeyooootiful. D and I ate lunch on the back porch and were all car-vacuumy and garden planny. Our street looked like a suburban sitcom: there was a car being washed in at least every other driveway.
We opened all of the windows to blow out stale winter air and it was still warm enough when we went to bed to leave them open. This morning I got to wake up to the smell of fresh air and the sound of birds. Aaahhhh. So nice.
I'm expecting the trees to start blooming in about two weeks. I'll take pictures this year (I say that every year, but this year I mean it. Not like that nail biting new years thing which was a total lie. The nails are bitten to the quick by the way).
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY! You take those pictures! And then post them!
I'm with you on the spring thing. In Canada and Boston and Michigan, it was a pretty miserable time of year but here in the DC area it is wonderful. It is my favorite season here too. Forecast high in two days is 74! I can't wait.
Did you try painting your nails? Might help, seriously.
Post a Comment