I turn 29 this week. I'm feeling a little ambivalent about it.
29. By now ... I don't know. I guess I thought I would feel like a grown up by now. I do not. Today I was watching THS: Demi Moore. Did you know that Demi Moore had two kids and a production company by the time she was 28? Yeah.
Then on the other hand, I feel panicked that time is passing me by. Suddenly I'm at the end of my twenties and feel like I'm barely out of my teens. How did I get here? How can I be married, own a home, and live in the suburbs. This is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful life!
I'm not old enough to be 29.
After watching several episodes of THS and eating a pound of bacon (D's out of town! Processed meat binge!), I decided I needed to get out of the damn house. So I went to the movies by myself, which I really love to do but don't do enough. I saw The Prestige. It was pretty good. I love Christian Bale and Michael Caine and David Bowie playing Tesla was a nice surprise and took me right back to those warm, loving Labyrinth feelings.
I also saw Santa Clause 3 this weekend. (Two movies in a weekend! In two days, I tripled the number of movies that I've seen in a theater in the last twelve months! Crazy!) It was what you would expect. Treacle and trying too hard. As much as I love all things Christmas, I'm not a fan of these movies, mostly because I don't like Tim Allen. There were some clever scenes where they wove scenes from this one into the first movie. It was seamless and really pretty cool. Not worth $9.50, but slightly redemptive. It didn't even get me in the Christmas spirit.
But. But! Only two weeks to Thanksgiving! Two weeks until it's all Christmas all the time!
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Omigod, Ashley could soooo pass as an I'm-turning-21-year-old! Great idea, Erin.
And Ashley, it sounds like somebody needs an Elf fix. Best Christmas movie. Ever.
Happy Birthday Ashley! Don't worry so much about the number, it's how you feel that counts. Max keeps teasing me that I'm really a little old lady, 80 going on 120. We were watching TV last week and something surprised me and I exclaimed, "Oh my goodness!" He couldn't stop laughing.
Eat some chocolate. That always helps! :)
Post a Comment