Monday, June 12, 2006

ohmygoditotallymadeit

School's out for summer
School's out forever
My school's been blown to
pieces

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty
looks

Out for summer
Out 'til fall
We might not come back at all

Whew. I'm a little dizzy from all of the headbanging at my desk.

Let's see, a couple highlights from my six months in a high school:
  • being asked if I have change for a "fitty or a hunny" by a kid that owed me 10 cents.
  • offering to help a kid find pictures of the Chesapeake Bay only to hear him say "These are all of water! Is that all the Chesapeake is?!?"
Don't get too excited, though. I'm still working this summer ... for part of it. Starting next week, I'll be doing a summer thing until mid-July. But I do get four-five weeks off. I can't really wrap my head around that.

However, what that means is that we are going on va-fucking-CATION, yo. We rented a house with our friends Scott and Jonnett (and hopefully Megan and Gabe and Oscar, right guys? Right?) on the beach in NC. It's going to be hella hot, but it's beachy and it's lots of time with Scott and J (and hopefully Megan and Gabe and Oscar), which is something that we don't get nearly enough of.

As for knitting, and more specifically, the knitting resolutions of aught six, there is progress. I'm working on one of the Elizabeth I scarves, in Apaca Cloud Iris thus satisfying the lace resolution. I've got maybe 2-3 inches done (pictures are coming, I promise), but expect to get some work done on it this weekend since we are going to Cleveland. Again.

My brother wants us to come back for the 4th of July, too. Um, yeah. I love my brother, but three trips to Cleveland in five weeks is WAY too much Cleveland. Actually, it's mostly just too much 8-hour drives to Cleveland, but whatever.

So that's that. Two more days here, then the summer gig starts, then a few weeks off. Neat. Still convinced this is the best job ever. Oh wait! Or I thought it was until I found out that after all that time off, they are going to pay me almost 10% more!! Sweet! Raise!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds awesome! You'll definitely have to collect more highlights during your summer course. Kids these days! :)

What colour is your scarf? Midnight looks mighty nice!

Gabe, Megan, Oscar and Rory said...

Okay Ashley, I don't know how else to say this, so here goes: Quit sucking at posting. Honestly, your fans are counting on you. We miss your witty banter. If you're having trouble coming up with something (We don't want to hear the "But I'm so boooooring" song and dance), here are a few ideas:

1. The smart a** junior high kids you're teaching.
2. Maggie antics... we know she hasn't been behaving this whole time.
3. Ummmmm... maybe you are boring. ;)

Get on it, Girlfriend.